1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face twice daily, morning and night. Some days I do get lazy and don't do my full morning routine, but if this occurs I at least splash my face with water.
2. What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo)
I have a combination skin type. Oily on my T-Zone and dry on my cheeks.
3. What is your current facial wash?
I currently use Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. It's a great multi purpose product because you can use it as a cleanser everyday and leave it on as a mask once or twice a week. I also find that if I dot it on pimples and leave it overnight it significantly reduces the size and helps get rid of the redness.
4. Do you exfoliate?
Yes, at least twice a week. I use a scrub and/ or a wash cloth to remove the layer of dead skin cells.
5. What brand do you use?
I currently use St. Ives Brand Apricot Scrub.
6. What moisturizer do you use?
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture for combination skin. It works so well for me because it absorbs into my skin fast, it has a light texture, and it makes my skin look awake.
7. Do you have freckles?
I have them on my arms and in various parts of my body, but not on my face.
8. Do you use eye cream?
Sometimes, although I should be using it more often then not. I really like Clinique all about eyes moisturizer but I only had it as a sample and I'm out!
9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I have always lived with acne prone skin, but I have more control over it now that I'm older. I read this book called 6 Weeks to Sensational Skin By: Loretta Ciralso MD and I feel more aware and knowledgeable about caring for my skin and making it look it's best. Still it's an on going battle, I am far from having perfect skin.
10. Did you ever have to use Pro-active?
Yes. I liked it a lot, but I was never consistent when I was younger and it's all about consistency if you want something to work for you. I would consider giving this another go!
11. What foundation do you use?
Revlon Photo Finish Foundation( shade 002 Vanilla) ... yay.... best drugstore foundation on the market.
12. How about concealer?
I am using Mayballine Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer (shade: Ivory), but I don't plan on repurchasing. I like the coverage, but it has a grainy feeling and it has little staying power. Next product I will be trying is E.L.F studio concealer.
13. Do you know your undertone color?
I have a slight yellow undertone to my skin, pink in my "problem" acne prone area's.
14. What do you think of fake lashes?
I love fake lashes on special days. I don't use them daily. I buy them at my local Beauty Supply store in bulk (Red Cherry's).
15. Do you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, and it's highly important. I use a ton of it so a bottle never last's me that long, but when they do it's a great excuse to buy another one.
16. What brand of mascara do you use?
I am currently using Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara, but I am a die hard for both Maybelline Colossal and Cover Girl Lash Blast. All three of these brands have numerous types of mascaras that I want to try.... Lash Stiletto for example.
17. Sephora or MAC?
MAC... because they are the brand that got my passion for makeup artistry and products going. Sephora has great value sets, special deals, and samples that Budget Beauty Girl really likes though. It was a tough decision!
18. Do you have a MAC-pro card?
No, I am a Budget Beauty Girl and I only purchase when there is an item that I must have.
19. What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
Brushes, tape, q-tips, sponges, Kleenex, and spatulas to name a few.
20. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Always! I use NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, Urban Decay Primer Potion, or MAC paint pot in painterly. I can't wait to try E.L.F eyelid primer, it's a product I plan on getting on my next purchase with E.L.F.
21. For the Face?
I tried Smashbox Photo Finish Primer but I hated it, it left my face so greasy and I felt as though my makeup would just slide off. I really want to try Loreal Studio Secrets Primer but until then I'm just sticking to my moisturizer.
22. What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Oh this is tough! I have so many! I play with a lot of shades and colors. If I had to pick one or two products I would hands down say my E.L.F. Drama Quad or MAC Your Ladyship pigment. I bought it in a sample size from a fellow beauty blogger and ran out very fast. I hope they re-promote it soon!
23. Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
Both! I tend to go back and forth depending on my mood. I currently use E.L.F waterproof Eyeliner pen in Ash or Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black Brown.
24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
I cant ever recall poking them. I have a good steady hand.
25. What do you think of Pigment eyeshadows?
I have mixed feelings about them, hate fall out but some colors are so hard to resist.
26. Do you use Mineral makeup?
No, I like coverage and I have never found a mineral foundation that offers great coverage. I like Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer, but I wish it lasted longer. I can't wait to try E.L.F mineral lipsticks though, I hear great things about them.
27. What is your favorite Lipstick?
NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose and Power.
28. How about Lipgloss?
MAC 3D Lip Glass in Energy.
29. What is your favorite blush to use?
NYX Blush in Pinky and MAC ombre Blush in Azalea Blossom
30. Do you buy makeup on Ebay?
No. I like to see the products I purchase.
31. Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes! I live at the drugstore. You can do amazing things with drugstore makeup just as you can with department store makeup and it's a fraction of the cost.
32. Do you go to CCO's (Cosmetic Company Outlet's)?
Yes, I have gone quite a few times. I have the luck of having one only 30 minuets away from where I live.
33. Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes, I love learning new things, and there is always room for improvement. I have only gone to the classes that MAC gives but I would love to go to others in the future.
34. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yes, when I'm stressed, but for the most part I have pretty steady hands.
35. Name a makeup crime that you hate?
When people don't blend well. Foundation, concealer and eyeshadows need to be blended to look flawless.... blend blend blend!
36. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I like colorful eyeshadows and neutral lipsticks. Im trying to be more bold with my lip shades but it's a work in progress.
37. Which celebrity has great makeup?
Kim Kardashian always! I also like Lady Gaga's makeup style.
38. If you could leave the house using just One makeup item, what would you use?
I would leave with E.L.F All over color stick in Persimmon. I would give my cheeks, lips and lids a hint of color so I look awake and glowing.
39. Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
40. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Bonus Makeup Questions
41. In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line?
MAC for a high end line and Elf for a drugstore line. Hard to choose... I was juggling NYX, Revlon and Cover Girl in my head too.
42. What do you think of Makeup?
Makeup is my paint, my face is my canvas. Makeup is fun and you can get so creative with it. The possibilities with it are endless. It also gives me and so many others a confidence boost, and who doesn't like that?